Are you old enough to remember when every trip to Point Pelee included a stop at the iconic Trading Post?
Right next door to Birdie’s Perch, the newly reborn Point Pelee Trading Post has two floors with unique gifts, souvenirs, art and collectibles! And a cafe that serves lunch daily from 11:30 to 2:30. Yet you can always enjoy a cup of coffee, espresso or Algonquin tea to drink while you shop!
(A real TwoFer, a two-for-one deal where you get a store and a cafe!)
Trading Post gift shop
The Point Pelee Trading Post gift shop specializes in unique local items, including Faerhaven soaps from Harrow, jams from Mr. D’s Produce in Kingsville, stained glass by local Leamington artists, handmade jewellery from Pelee Island, Southwestern Ontario First Nations arts and crafts, smoked salmon, real Canadian maple syrup, clothing, T-shirts, original art work and more!
Upstairs on the second floor, you will also find furniture, including many antiques and retro modern collectibles!
Trading Post cafe
Lunch served 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. All items available for eat-in or take-out. Made fresh daily, our menu includes:
- cook’s choice lunch entrées, including our Ploughman’s Plate
- a great selection of satisfying sandwiches — like our Chicken Sychronazada on sweet burnt tortillas with veg & cheese — many made on bread fresh from Lakeside Bakery
- appealing appetizers such as our Baked Brie with Local Preserves
- delicious desserts and quick snacks such as Mom’s Apple Pie
- power salads, including Real Caesar Salad
- hearty soup and stews, including our own Leamington Tomato, French Onion, Asian Chicken Noodle, and Irish Beef Stew!
Check the board for our changing daily specials!
Read the feature article on the Trading Post in Biz X magazine!
Kathleen Yetman Hops On The Bus To Prosperity, by Rebecca Wright, Biz X magazine, September 2016
“We think Leamington is a magical place and our neighbours inspire us,” Yetman expresses…. “Our clientele is looking for local, local, local, whether that means great Lake Erie yellow perch or a piece of beach glass jewellery from Pelee Island,” Yetman stresses. “I think we all enjoy seeing the best our community produces on display.”
Point Pelee Trading Post
617 Point Pelee Drive
Leamington, Ontario, Canada N8H 3V4
OPEN FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY
11-30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Lunch served 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Now also serving beer & wine in the cafe.
CLOSED DURING WINTER: Christmas 2017 – April 2018